Lucien G. Canton, CEM (LLC) is a management consulting firm that specializes in improving your ability to deal with crisis. I offer a unique blend of business and emergency management expertise with a focus on enterprise-wide strategy. In my experience, many response and continuity plans fail because organizations fail to align those plans with organizational values, culture and business goals. Demonstrating value added and ROI are critical to the development of an effective system for dealing with the unexpected. My goal is to help you dramatically increase your chances of managing and surviving a crisis.
Among the many things I can help with:
- Aligning your emergency management program with your organization’s goals, making it add value instead of draining resources.
- Separating real from perceived risks for a more cost effective investment of emergency management dollars.
- Creating a long-range strategy that is supported by key stakeholders.
- Identifying barriers to program implementation and suggesting solutions.
- Preparing employees to act more effectively in a crisis, reducing downtime.
- Educating your key leaders in program sustainability.
Further, I believe that each solution should be also unique to the client. As such, there are no “typical” clients or “typical” results. Here are some examples of the wide range of skills I can bring to your project:
- Organizational Development: assisted in the development of a new operating structure for regional preparedness planning for a large metropolitan area.
- Strategy Formulation: conducted a national survey of continuity of operations plans (COOP) in emergency management agencies and developed a marketing strategy for COOP products for a major software company.
- Program Development: developed an administrative plan and a strategic planning process for major bioengineering firm’s preparedness program.
- Program Assessments: assisted in a national assessment of state-level emergency management programs.
- Policy Development: developed a draft standard of care for a non-profit service provider that consolidated mandatory state requirements in multiple regulations into a single document.